Garlic Aioli BLTs (With Thanks Food and Wine)
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 sourdough boule, cut into eight 1/2-inch-thick slices and toasted
3 heirloom tomatoes (1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 cups arugula
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Set a rack over a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the bacon strips on the rack and bake until browned and crisp, about 25 minutes. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- In a measuring cup, combine the vegetable oil with the olive oil. On a work surface, top the garlic with a generous sprinkle of salt and smash to a paste with the flat side of a knife; scrape into a bowl. Whisk in the egg yolk, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of water, then slowly whisk in the oil mixture so the aioli thickens.
Season the aioli with salt, pepper and the remaining 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Spread the aioli on each slice of toast. Arrange the tomatoes and arugula on
4 of the toasts; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the bacon, close and serve.
Gerookte hoender, kaas, Avokado, blaarslaai en swart peper met balsamiese asyn.