Klaasvoogds Cottages >>>
Klaasvoogds Cottages (Charles Barnard) (Klaasvoogds Opstal which sleeps four and Klaasvoogds Cottage which sleeps two to three) offer charming, luxurious self-catering holiday accommodation and is well-equipped for long stays.
Both the cottages lie in the beautiful Klaasvoogds Valley, at the foot of the Langeberg Mountains and have lovely views of vineyards, mountains and orchards. Klaasvoogds is centrally located in the Robertson wine valley on Route 62, within easy reach of many places of interest. The nearest towns are Robertson and the quaint, Klein Karoo town of Montagu, which has to be one of the prettiest towns in South Africa with its mix of vineyards, orchards and beautiful heritage buildings.
For those who are “laid back” – enjoy lovely views of the vineyards and mountains from every window, and on chilly nights settle in with a book or a glass of lovely, local wine in front of the roaring fire. In summer – as the day cools – relax on the porch and watch the fiery sunset give way to a night sky sparkling with stars. Eat gorgeous food at SA’s finest, award-winning restaurants, including Fraai Uitzicht and Reubens. Taste wine at the more than 50 wine estates, taste olives at Marbrin Farm or locally made cheese at Montagne Deli. Go for game drives. Swim or fish at the nearby Breede River or try to spot some of the 250 species of birds. And for the wildly energetic? Climb mountains, run or cycle along picturesque country roads, or exhaust yourselves with all the activities listed on local websites, www.robertsonwinevalley.com and www.route62.co.za
Besides over 50 boutique wine farms and numerous fine dining restaurants there are:
- Olive tasting and tours
- Nature reserves and hiking trails
- Rock climbing
- River cruises and river rafting
- Bird watching (Birding route – Van Loveren)
- Hands on farming: wine and lavender
- Horse Riding
- And we also have delicious bread, hand crafted olives, speciality cheeses, free-range pork products, chutneys and jams….
- Beauty treatments
- Art and craft route
Charming historical towns and heritage architecture
Montagu – 22km
- Joubert House: Tel: 023 616 1774 – The oldest building in Montagu, depicting the lifestyle of the late 19th century
- Montagu Art and Craft Route: Tel: 082 532 1296 – This includes the studio of famous South African artist Francois Krige
McGregor – 30 km
Swellendam – 55 km (South Africa’s 3rd oldest city)
Complete for inquiry / Voltooi vir navraag: