Wine and Food / Wyn en Kos
Wine and food play an integral part in the dining experience of most people. There is something about this combination of wine and food that sets the ambiance to a level that is not easily achieved otherwise. This skill in the combination of good food and wine, with the right company culminates to a level in life that many people miss because they get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
We make every effort to equip people to embrace this skill in their everyday living. The normal everyday preparation of food will become something looked forward to. Do yourself a favor and visit our Wine & Food Specialists section, where you will find some simple, yet delicious recipes and tips to cook up a storm. Cooking classes are available and the relevant information will be provided. This will enable you to entertain your close friends by preparing the ultimate meal.
Put your imagination to work and you can create your own romantic miracle by selecting some exotic recipes, colorful flowers, candles, and a few friendly smiles. By doing this, you will be transforming a simple dinner invitation into an extraordinary dining experience made just for you and your loved one. Dream up something you can prepare a day or even some hours ahead of time, concentrating on your partner’s wine and food preferences, and get down to work. This also means that you do not have to be a professional chef to create an extravagant meal that would make your partners mouth water for more of your cooking.
Take the time of the year into consideration if you really plan on making a lasting impression. Serve cold meat and salads with iced drinks, whether it’s lemonade or orange juice during the warmer seasons and cooked meals with red wine and hot chocolate when the air is a little chilly during the winter months. To create an even more memorable occasion, take the time to prepare the meal together.
Explore the kitchen and all the ingredients that come with it and you will be amazed at just what you can come up with when your creative side, unknown until now, takes over and starts preparing the most unbelievable feast. Do not be afraid to learn from one another, as this is the only way that you will become confident in the kitchen. So far we have mentioned the foods that you will be preparing, but let us not forget about the complimentary wines. Especially cheese and wine, that go together for more reasons that meet the eye.
They are both products of fermentation (Fermentation is the process in which bacteria convert glucose into alcohol). Wine is made from fermented grape juice while cheese is made from fermented milk. For this reason you can see that not only wine and food go hand in hand, but wine and cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly. We can see wine and food as two inseparable components to having the perfect meal.
The combination of wine and food does not stop here. Keep in mind that the expert’s advice of the best wines to go with cheese to be those that are light and have a fruity taste. We are advised to pair crisper and fruitier wines, when having white fresh cheese compared to rich or even light and zesty wines with fatty cheese. Salty cheese can be enjoyed with sweet wines, while soft cheeses are complimented by fruity red wines.
Instead of taking wine with the cheese, there are many who would rather prefer to take pleasure in combining champagne and brie, which is a soft, creamy white cheese. Not to mention that according to medical research, wine is absolutely beneficial to one’s health, when used moderately, off course! Studies have shown that the moderate intake of wine actually decreases the risk of suffering from coronary disease as well as the chances of having a stroke.
Having wine with our mealtime, gives us the advantage of fighting the negative effects that fatty foods may have on our digestive system. Again we stress the fact that you should consult your physician prior to changing or adapting your diet in order to facilitate the intake of any alcohol, especially if you are taking medication due to some sort of medical condition. Go on a wine and food adventure when preparing your everyday meals and you will see that they compliment each other like you never realized before.
Kom ons eet bietjie minder, sny aan die Koolhidrate “Carbs” en Suiker en doen oefening waarvan jy hou.
Daar is soveel gesonde kos om van te kies en te keur.
LCHF en KETO Leefstyle word na gekyk
Lees Verder / Read Further
Dit is belangrik om te onthou dat ons niemand voorskryf nie maar dat ons kommentaar gegrond is op ons eie ervaring van hierdie leefstyle en dat elkeen dit op advies van hul dokter moet evalueer en besluit hoe dit vir elkeen sal werk. Ons almal se profiele verskil so ons sal ons eetgewoontes aanpas volgens ons eie gesondheidsprofiel.
Boeke waarna gekyk kan word vir hulp met beter eetgewoontes
Lees Verder / Read Further
Basic / Basiese Vinaigrette
Ingredients / Inhoud
¾ Cup Olive Oil / ¾ Koppie Olyfolie
¼ Cup White Balsamic Vinegar / ¼ Koppie Wit Balsamiese Asyn
¼ Cup Grass Onions chopped / ¼ Koppie Grasuie fyn gekap
1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard / 1 Teelepel Dijon Mosterd (Growwe Mosterd)
¼ Teaspoon of Salt / ¼ Teelepel sout
Black Pepper / Swartpeper
It uses the standard 3:1 vinaigrette ratio, meaning 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar.
Die standaard 3:1 verhouding vir vinaigrette word gebruik, 3 dele olie en 1 deel asyn.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light olive oil
- white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Bring the egg and mustard to room temperature in advance.
- Mix egg and mustard with a stick blender (or mixer) and add the oil slowly in a thin stream. The mayonnaise should set promptly. Continue to mix until all the oil has been added and the mayonnaise has thickened.
- Add vinegar/lemon juice. Mix some more and season with salt and pepper and perhaps more vinegar or lemon juice.
- Let the mayonnaise rest in the fridge for a while before serving. The flavor develops further after a-while and the mayonnaise thickens further.
Use lemon juice or white wine vinegar if you’re going to serve the mayonnaise with seafood. Use red-wine vinegar for roast beef and other cold cuts, but not balsamic vinegar. It’s commonly sweetened and colored and will discolor the mayonnaise.
As a child I was taught by my grandmother that one egg yolk can bind as much as a whole quart (liter) of oil. In other words: if you want to make a bigger batch, just increase the amount of oil to 2, 3 or more cups. But don’t forget to increase the amount of mustard, spices and acid.
Lees Verder / Read Further
Wine & Food Specialists / Wyn en Kos Spesialiste
The following list shows all the Restaurants and Wine Cellars that you can visit as well as a list of recommended wines to ensure an unforgettable experience with our Wine and Food Specialists
The Butcher Shop & Grill >> (Sandton Square, Jhb)
“The Butcher Shop & Grill is the only steak restaurant to have received a coveted maximum of three stars in the Rossouw’s Restaurants 2009 and 2010.”
+27 11 784 8676
Nelson Mandela Square
La Madeleine >> (Lynnwood Ridge, Pretoria) Visit us for the ultimate best in French Cuisine +27 12 361 3667
La Pentola >> (Riviera, Soutpansberg Road, Pretoria)
“Best 100 Restaurants in South-Africa” +27 12 329 4028
The Pinotage Restaurant & Wine Cellar >>
DINING-OUT – SOUTH AFRICA’S PREMIER ON-LINE RESTAURANT GUIDE
EAT OUT, THE ONLY RESTAURANT GUIDE YOU’LL EVER NEED
(012) 460 3583
381 Aries Street
Villa San Giovanni >>
Wonderboom Airport, Pretoria
GPS Position: S25 39.419 E28 12.813
The Number One Hotel in the World 2009
Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve & Retreat, located 270 kilometres from Cape Town, is a 5-star ecological oasis, uniting luxury and nature, providing the ultimate wilderness experience.
Bushmanskloof Hotel >>
Eric Springer is a French trained Gourmet specialist.
Keep your eye on this space for Wine and Food pairing evenings as well as other Functions.
You can contact Eric for large or small functions!
For more info or bookings go to >>>
The Appliance Specialists
Cooking with gaselectric
The Culinary Equipment Company
The company hosts some of the best kitchen equipment available.
Cooking Channels and Websites
BBC Food Recipes >>
Jamie Oliver >>
Prue Leith >>
Browns of Rivonia >>
Food Reference >>
Food Reference Recipes >>
Recipes / Resepte >>>
Van Jamie Oliver se gunsteling resepte >>>
Welcome to New England recipes >>>
Pinotage Association >>
Delikatesse / Delicatessen
Lekker biltong, altyd vars!
Groot bestellings afgelewer in Pretoria
079 442 1510
Sweet and Salty
Winkel 4 Hoeke van Zambesi & Breedt str.
Zambesi Junction, Montana
Hazel Food Market in Menlopark
Eetparadys in die voorstad
· Die kosmark is elke Saterdag oop van 08:00 tot 14:00.
· Dit is by die Greenlyn Village Centre in Thomas Edisonstraat, Menlopark.
GPS Koördinate: 25°46”08.41”S 28°15”21.87”O
Lees meer >>>
River Woods Wine Racks and Crates >>
Miele Professional >>
Wine storage units
Wine Essentials >>
Wine Essentials is a leading supplier of quality wine accessories throughout Southern Africa. Core products include an extensive range of temperature controlled wine cabinets, crystal stemware, cellar cooling units and wine chillers.
More Platter Wines >>>
THE FIVE STAR WINES FOR 2017 ARE:
1. Warwick 2013
1. Delaire Graff Laurence Graff Reserve 2013
2. Kleine Zalze Family Reserve 2012
3. Nederburg Private Bin R163 2013
4. Tokara Reserve 2013
1. Bosman Family Twyfeling 2015
2. Kaapzicht Skuinsberg 2015
1. Spice Route 2014
2. Stellenbosch Vineyards Credo Limited Release 2015
1. Laibach Claypot 2014
2. Shannon Mount Bullet 2013
1. Beeslaar 2014
2. Flagstone Time Manner Place 2014
1. Hamilton Russell 2015
2. Newton Johnson Family Vineyards CWG Auction Reserve Seadragon 2015
3. Newton Johnson Family Vineyards 2015
1. Fable Syrah 2014
2. Iona Solace Syrah 2014
3. Keermont Topside Syrah 2014
4. La Motte Pierneef Syrah-Viognier 2014
5. Porseleinberg 2014
6. Reyneke Reserve Red 2014
7. Richard Kershaw Clonal Selection Elgin Syrah 2014
8. Ronnie B Sons of Sugarland Syrah 2015
9. Trizanne Reserve Syrah 2015
1. Artisanal Boutique Winery JJ Handmade Eight Pillars 2013
2. Chamonix Troika 2014
3. Groot Constantia Gouverneurs Reserve 2013
4. Mvemve Raats MR de Compostella 2014
5. Nederburg Heritage Heroes The Brew Master 2014
6. Olifantsberg Silhouette 2014
1. Bartinney 2015
2. Chamonix 2015
3. Chamonix Reserve 2015
4. Delaire Graff Banghoek Reserve 2015
5. DeMorgenzon Reserve 2015
6. Groot Constantia 2015
7. Hamilton Russell 2015
8. Haskell Anvil 2015
9. Iona 2015
10. Jordan Barrel Fermented 2015
11. Jordan CWG Auction Reserve 2015
12. La Vierge Apogée 2015
13. Meerlust 2015
14. Môreson Mercator Premium 2014
15. Newton Johnson Family Vineyards 2015
16. Restless River Ava Marie 2014
17. Richard Kershaw Deconstructed Lake District Bokkeveld Shales CY95 2015
1. AA Badenhorst Dassiekop Steen 2015
2. Alheit Radio Lazarus 2015
3. Beaumont Hope Marguerite 2015
4. Bellingham Bernard Series Old Vine 2015
5. Botanica Mary Delany 2015
6. David & Nadia 2015
7. David & Nadia Hoë-Steen 2015
8. Edgebaston Camino Africa David Finlayson 2015
9. Fram 2015
10. Kleine Zalze Family Reserve 2015
11. Mount Abora Koggelbos 2014
12. Opstal Carl Everson 2015
13. Ronnie B Patatsfontein Steen 2015
14. Sadie Family Skurfberg 2015
15. Spioenkop 1900 2015
1. Bloemendal Suider Terras 2015
2. Diemersdal 8 Rows 2016
3. Diemersdal MM Louw 2015
4. Fleur du Cap Unfiltered 2015
5. Hermanuspietersfontein Nr 5 Kat Met Die Houtbeen 2014
6. Kleine Zalze Family Reserve 2015
7. Mulderbosch 1000 Miles 2015
8. Nederburg Private Bin D234 2015
9. Skaap 44 2015
1. Botanica Mary Delany 2015
2. Opstal The Barber 2015
3. Sadie Family Kokerboom 2015
4. Shannon 2015
1. Alheit Hemelrand Vine Garden 2015
2. Beaumont ‘New Baby’ 2015
3. David & Nadia Aristargos 2015
4. GlenWood Vigneron’s Selection Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2015
5. Sadie Family Palladius 2014
6. Thorne & Daughters Rocking Horse 2015
7. Tokara Director’s Reserve 2015
8. Vondeling Babiana 2015
Dessert Wine, Unfortified
1. Delheim Edelspatz Noble Late Harvest 2015
2. Donkiesbaai Hooiwijn Vin de Paille 2015
3. Fleur du Cap Bergkelder Selection Noble Late Harvest 2015
4. Klein Constantia Vin de Constance Natural Sweet 2012
5. Nederburg Winemaster’s Reserve Noble Late Harvest 2015
6. Perdeberg Speciality Natural Sweet Chenin Blanc 2014
7. Stellar Heaven on Earth Natural Sweet NV
1. Boplaas Potstill Reserve 12 Years
WINES & WINERY OF THE YEAR ARE:
White Wine of the Year
Stellenrust 51 Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2015
Red Wine of the Year
The Winery of Good Hope Radford Dale Black Rock 2014
Dessert Wine of the Year
Mullineux & Leeu Straw Wine 2015
Winery of the Year
Contact for Inquiry:
Additional information: Lifestyle C is based in Pretoria (Gauteng), South Africa – We can accommodate any client(s) for requested lifestyle sessions at a venue that is convenient for both parties. You can Contact Danie Strydom for professional life coaching and alignment.